The Best Ever Mushroom Soup
Author: Raeanna Pitzer
Recipe type: Soup
My kids HATE mushrooms but LOVE this soup!
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 -3 cups of diced mushrooms – your choice
- 2-3 cups of stock, chicken or vegetable
- 2 tsp of dill weed
- 1 tbs of paprika (Hungarian if you can find it)
- 1 tbs of soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbs of grass fed butter
- 3 tbs of flour
- 1 cup of organic milk
- dash of nutmeg
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley
- Sauté onion till translucent in large soup pot.
- Use a healthy fat like ghee or butter.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook on medium, stirring often till shrooms are cooked down.
- About 10-12 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of chicken or vegetable stock, preferably homemade.
- Stir to combine.
- Next add most of the seasoning- dill weed, paprika, soy sauce or coconut aminos, salt & pepper, and lemon juice.
- Cover and let simmer on low for 15-20 minutes.
- You may need to add more stock to thin it out.
- While simmering make your rue using the butter, flour, milk and nutmeg.
- Once rue is done add to soup.
- Let flavors simmer together for 10 minutes or so.
- You can then add ¼ cup of fresh parsley.
- You can put in the blender for those who don’t love mushrooms or do half blended.
- For serving you can add croutons, sour cream, a little parmesan cheese, diced green onions, bacon, etc.
- Toppings are endless.
- Also works great in a shot glass as an appetizer.